Sheet metals are thin and flat pieces of metal which are used in building many of engineering material.
Metals that can be made into sheet metal are aluminium, copper, steel, nickel, brass tin and titanium and many a times silver, gold, and platinum.
Sheet metals are widely used in medical tables, roofs for buildings car bodies, airplane wings and many other things.Some of the processes involved in the manufacture of sheet metal pressed components are:
- Incremental sheet forming
- Cutting: Different tools or processes that are involved in the cutting processes are:
- Tin snips (very large powered shears)
- Computer Numerically Controlled (CNC) lasers cutting or multi-tool CNC punch press.
- Press brake forming: this process involves the formation of metal sheets on a pressbrake by bending the raw metal
- Punching: Punching the metal by placing the sheet of metal fixed between a punch and a mold in a press.
- Roll forming: A type of bending operation used for producing large quantity of open profiles or welded tubes
- Rolling: Uses rollers to bend the metal sheets
- Spinning: Helpful in making tubular parts.
- Stamping: Includes punching, blanking, embossing, bending, flanging, and coining and many more operations
- Water jet cutting: Holds the capacity of slicing sheets into metal or other materials using high velocity, pressure or other characteristics of water.
Manomay Group is a major manufacturer of sheet metal components to a large and diversified customer base company supplying precision sheet metal parts for use in the manufacture and assembly of electrical electronics, building, automobile etc.